johngibson15219, DUI Lawyer
Experience:  Admitted to Pennsylvania Bar October 1980.

What are my legal recourse options for stopping a neighbor

Customer Question

What are my legal recourse options for stopping a neighbor I have never even met from vandalizing my apartment door every night around midnight? The acts are loud and threatening in nature, and have badly frightened my wife, while I myself feel any personal retaliation will infringe my own legal innocence. So far I have done nothing. What can I do?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  johngibson15219 replied 7 years ago.
1. Call the police.
2. Knock on his door and ask him if he has some kind of a problem and if you can help him resolve It.
3. Get a radio put on a Bible Thumping Hell Fire Preacher at top volume take your shirt off and sit on your front porch cleaning all of your firearms while singing the Pakistani National Anthemn at the top of your lungs for an hour or so.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Would any physical retaliation done on my own part toward the resolution of the matter make me just as liable, if not moreso?

If I can get video or pictoral evidence, are there legal options for prosecuting for domestic harassment or property violence?

I apologize for being a little glib with my response. I know that these are serious matters and I have over reacted myself in a couple of similar situations. Seriously, you want to call the police. If you can get video or photographs, you should show them to the police and explain your situation and why you have to get this resolved before you ship out. It may not be wise to directly confront this guy because you might lose your temper.