P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.

Is there is procedure for sentencing, someone I know has pleaded

Customer Question

Is there is procedure for sentencing, someone I know has pleaded guilty for his crime (drugs) cocaine this is his 4 felony and this one was first degree, he keeps thinking they might give him probation I am telling him no way. This is in Texas. Sentencing will be this month.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
If he has prior felony convictions and if he will be sentenced for the current felony, there is a VERY GOOD Chance that he will be given some jail time.

IN general, in most all states for most crimes, if a person pleads do a felony they can escape prison time for a first offense.

This changes significantly for subsequent for each subsequent felony conviction the odds of jail time increase significantly.   So if this is a 4th conviction, I would bet he gets at least some jail time, perhaps measured in years.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the green accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you Mr. Simmons, I hope he does get time so we can start a new life , we are his family and we forced to live under conditions until I had enough. Thank you so much for your time. MEG