Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

My twenty year old son is being harrased by his father, hes

My twenty year old son is being harrased by his father, he's sending him text messages insulting him, just because we have a pending lawsuit for child support in another country, and the child support of $150 a month piled up to sum 8K, which he doesn't want to pay. This man became an american citizen several years ago. Can we build a case against him, considering that this messages are living painful psicologycal scars to my son?

first, he should go to the clerk of the court and file a petition for a restraining order for the harassment - save the text messages, of course - if that is issued then contact he has with your son would be a contempt of court and he could be arrested

as to the case of the text messages due to the child support - you can consult with a local attorney about a possible lawsuit for your son's pain and suffering due to his father's remarks - yes, it is possible. you just need to find a lawyer willing to take the matter - which is going to depend greatly on whether a judgement is obtainable - meaning a lawyer is not going to sue someone who does not have money to pay any judgement ordered

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I really appreciate your promt response, this is probably going to be a bit more complicated considering that this person has his assets overseas, however he does have a lot of money and perhaps that is the most annoying part in this story. We'll proceed as recommended and hopefully we can give him a good lesson.

you should have a good lawyer assisting in collecting that arreargage - you also can contact your local Child Support Enforcement Agency who will assist in collections - they can attach wages, bank accounts, inheritances, etc