CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

My wife has been arrested in New Mexico for an outstanding

Customer Question

My wife has been arrested in New Mexico for an outstanding warrant in Missouri (bad checks). Will she get bail?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.

The Judge who issued the warrant, will have already decided if a bond will be set. If this is a misdemeanor crime which she is charged with, she will have a bond. However, if this is a felony case, there is a good chance there will be a no bond hold, on her. This does not mean that a bond wont be set, but you will need to go in front of the Judge, to ask for one. Depending on if the court feels she is a flight risk and her past criminal history, will decide if a bond will be set. You also need to realize, that she will be held in New Mexico, until Missouri decides to extradite her. New Mexico will contact them and ask what they want to do with her.