Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.

I am charged with failure to appear for a civil matter, when

I am charged with failure to appear for a civil matter, when I found out that there was a warrant and was cited out that same day I was also suppose to appear in court that day and I had no idea I was suppose to appear then. Now I don't know what to do and nobody will tell me what I am suppose to do or who to see.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 years ago.
If you did not receive notice of the hearing then it is likely you can get the court to withdraw the warrant. However, you will need an attorney to do so. Your best solution is to either hire a privsate attorney or go to the legal aid office and make an appointment in person. They should be able to get this resolved pretty quickly.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.