Len
Len, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years practice in criminal and employment law.
13359350

how can I get off probation early. I have about 24 more months

how can I get off probation early. I have about 24 more months leave. And need to write the judge. I'm on probation for color of law . Also need a sample letter to requet the judge for early termitnation.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Len replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

1. What do you mean by "color of law"? What is the conviction for?

2. How long have you been on probation?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Len

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
while a police officer in the District of Columbai I struck a person that was in handcuffs. And I was force to resign and was charged with Deprivation of Rights Under Color of Law 18 U.S.C.* 242 (misdemeaor) and was under house arrest for 7 months and given 60 months probation . So far I done 25 months on probation with No run in with the law. I just need someone that can help so that I can get off probation and get a better Job.
Expert:  Len replied 8 years ago.
OK, now I understand the charge. Makes sense being D.C.

I have found the specific statute which is: 18 U.S.C. § 3564(c)

You can find it here:

http://law.onecle.com/uscode/18/3564.html

And this is an example:

http://www.dcfpd.org/motions/probrev%5Cdodge.htm

Now, from a practical standpoint, this isn't going to happen unless the PO is onboard. There two ways to make that happen; (1) get the PO excited about supporting such a termination, (not likely to happen, especially if you don't cause problems, a numbers game), and (2) get a lawyer on this who will take action and get the PO to approve it. If the PO doesn't have to do much work, you're chances go way up.

You can try to get some help by contacting the local law schools and requesting help from their legal clinics. They can also provide contact info for Legal Aid groups in D.C. You should only try this on your own if it becomes impossible to locate legal assistance.

Good Luck with this.

Len
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the change is Deprivation of Rights Under Color of Law {18 U.S.C.8*242