Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.

can a person convicted of a violent crime hunt with a black

can a person convicted of a violent crime hunt with a black powder rifle in Oklahoma?
Thank you for your question.

The real question is whether you were convicted of a felony or a domestic violence offense. Federal law would control. Let me know exactly what you were convicted of and I can give you a more complete answer.

Nathan Moore
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Not I but another was convicted of 1st degree manslaughter in the heat of passion and received a 5 year conviction at 85% and was released 2-17-06 (arrested on 8-1-01 I believe).
Black powder would still be a problem under federal law. You need to contact an attorney in Oklahoma to look into either a) an expungement, or b) a pardon from the governor. If either of these occur, you would be able to possess any firearm under state and federal law.

I hope this helps. Be sure to click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for this answer. As always, if you have additional questions after clicking ACCEPT, I will be happy to follow up with you.

Nathan Moore