Bappelman
Bappelman, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Former Public Defender, Founder and Criminal Defense Attorney at Appelman Criminal Defense LLC.
11079390

I am on probation and have been instructed not to drink alcohol.

Customer Question

I am on probation and have been instructed not to drink alcohol. I have a drug and alcohol test in 2 weeks and I'm drinking St. Pauli Girl non alcoholic beer with an alcohol percentage of 0.5%. Some say fresh squeezed orange juice produces a higher alcohol percentage than this beer. Should I refrain from drinking this N.A. beer or will it be trouble?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Bappelman replied 8 years ago.
Hello Britt,

Alcohol only stays in your system up to a day to a day and a half. If you drink NA beer tonight and your test is in 2 weeks, then you will be just fine.

The Valium is the drug that you should be worried about. Make certain that your PO allows you to take it; whether it is prescribed or not your PO can tell you not to take it.

By the way - if they spring a surprise test on you, even NA beer will show up positive on an alcohol test if it is within a few hours from when you drank the NA beer.

Good luck.