Law Pro, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  20 years trial experience in defense of criminal cases

what the minimum and max stenence for burglary

what the minimum and max stenence for burglary?

It all depends upon the sentencing guidelines, your prior history record, and the events of this particular burglary - was there a gun used, where the owners home, how much money/value was taked - etc.

Can you give some particulars?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no one home, no gun used, prior history misdamenors
How many misdemeanors and what were the misdemeanors for and how long ago were they?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm a criminal justice student. I have to write a short story on a fictional person who was fond guilty of burglary. so lets say he has been in trouble for disturbing the peace, and fighting with his grilfriend
It can be from 6 months probation to the maximum penalty for burglary is 14 years imprisonment if committed in a dwelling and 10 years otherwise. Section 4 of the Crime (Sentences) Act 1997 specifies a minimum 3 year prison sentence for third-time domestic burglary unless exceptional circumstances apply. Higher courts have consistently upheld lengthy custodial sentences for burglaries of dwellings.