Lawmoe, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  More than 19 years of experience as a Criminal Defense Lawyer

My friend was pulled over, I was one of the passengers, and

Customer Question

My friend was pulled over, I was one of the passengers, and arrested for underage DUI; IN OHIO. I was asked if I wanted to take a breathalizer, I responded "no". The officer called my mom and told her to pick me up and I would recieve a letter from the courts with my court date. What should I plea at court and what might my sentence be? This is my first offence in the county.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for the post.

The facts are not clear as to why the vehicle was stopped or what indicia of alcohol use the officer may have had. That information would be included in the police reports. You would be wise to hire counsel.

If you are convicted, the likely penalty may be an chemical use assesment and/or an alcohol awareness class. Some community service is also a possibility.