Susan Roberts
Susan Roberts, Judge. retired
Experience:  Retired state trial judge. Civil and criminal experience. 29 years legal practice.
431004

I have been informed by my friend, whom is incarcerated, that

I have been informed by my friend, whom is incarcerated, that because of a phone conversation, that I may be getting arrested. I live in Ohio and this concerns Michigan. They claim they have "evidence" which neither of us know what this could be. The possible charge would be conspiracy to deliver marijuana ???? I do not have a record and do not want one, what can or should I do?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Susan Roberts replied 8 years ago.

Good evening and welcome to Just Answer,

I can understand why this is upsetting to you. I suggest you have no further conversations, about anything, with the friend who is incarcerated. If you are contacted by police, do not discuss anything with them, no matter how irrelevant it may seem.

If you are arrested, and that seems doubtful, do not discuss anything with the police. The only person you should talk with about this is your lawyer, if you need to retain one.

I am sorry if this sounds harsh, but I believe it is the best way to handle the situation.

XXXXX XXXXX