Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

What are the possible charges for a 17 year old male, third

What are the possible charges for a 17 year old male, third offense for under age drinking and assault on an officer AND the parent whose house the drinking took place ( who was not home and had no idea this was going on)
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

hi

are you interested in the penalities to the 17 yr old or the parents and are those his parents - and where did he get a alcohol

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes..both interested in the charges for him the 17 year old and yes the parents ( father) is the parent of the boy who had the alcohol and assaulted the police at the residence. Not sure how the alcohol got there..there were none on the premises
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

hi

a parent can allow the consumption of alcohol for their own child in their own home. so i am curious as to why the police were called - was the minor drinking in the home or did he come home and start trouble with his family -

if that is the case, he is looking at a fine of at least $100, probation and the loss of his driver's license for at least six months. the father would be responsible for defense toward the assault of the police officer and that is a big one - depending on what they eventually charge him with and it can go from simple assault to aggravated assault - a misdemeanor to a felony carrying possible penalties from up to 2 years in prison to up to 10 years in prison.

of course, his best recourse is to consult with a lawyer in his area who can help to knock those charges down to the lowest and also if the alcohol was provided just to his minor child - have that charge against the son reevaluated because he was in his own home.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The child was at his home with friends of his. The ALcohol had to have ben provided by an outside source because this child has three prior under age drinking charges and there is NO ALCOHOL on the premises. The police were called to the residence because neighbors heard loud screaming. The father has full custody of the child and was not at home. Infact the child told him he and his friends were going to the movies.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

hi

if that is the case, he is looking at a fine of at least $100, probation and the loss of his driver's license for at least six months and because of his priors i am sure he will need to take some sort of alcohol and/or drug counseling. as to the responsibility of the Father - he would hve to knowingly and willing allowed the alcohol consumption of his son, to be convicted of a charge of that nature

Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience: Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.