N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

I filed motions on behalf of myself, ( 1) asking the court

I filed motions on behalf of myself, ( 1) asking the court not to allow any charges that i have not been convicted of to be used during the trail (2) a court order for a copy of the video survl, tape of where my incidents was suppose to have occured (3) a court order for access to or copies of the corrections office(that has filed the charges against me ) previous incident reports..my 4th motion has already been granted and have a hearing for the other 3 scheduled...My Question is this: Out side of not representing myself... what are some of the Major Do
Your post was cut off, please tell us your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What was your Question
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What info ?
Your post ends "My Question is this: Out side of not representing myself... what are some of the Major Do"

I still do not know what your question is.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

What are a few of the major Dos and Don't to be aware of at a motions hearing...

I'm charged with simple assualt, Disorderly conduct,and henderig a law enforcement officer (obstruction) all misder....

Do be polite to the people in the courtroom. Speak slowly so the court reporter can take down what you say.

Do not speak to the opposing lawyer, speak only to the Judge.

Dress respectfully. Do not interrupt when anyone is speaking, it drives the court reporter nuts. Do not show up late for court.

Argue that any priors are irrelevant to the current charges and have no probative value and it would be highly prejudicial for information about any priors to come in to evidence in the current case.

Argue you are entitled to the video footage because it could show that you are innocent, or it could lead to the discovery of relevant evidence or witnesses.

Argue that getting the previous incident reports could lead to the discovery of relevant evidence. Maybe the previous reports contain evidence that you are being selectivewly prosecuted.

Of course as you anticipated I urge you to ask the court to appoint an attorney to assist you with your defense.

The above is just my own opinion, but I hope this is helpful.