Jim Reilly
Jim Reilly, Crim Defense Atty
Experience:  CA Atty since 1976, primarily criminal law. 150+ jury trials.

I was defrauded by a psychic who I employed for services that

Customer Question

I was defrauded by a psychic who I employed for services that turned out to be false and I bought a car for her under my name. I would like to know if I can get out from under the car loan and get it in her name and I need to know what I can do before she absconds with the car when I start to take action against her. Do you have advice on how I can do this?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Jim Reilly replied 7 years ago.
All "psychics" are frauds. The first thing you should do is file a criminal complaint with SFPD. This woman has stolen your money. Say nothing to her about this, do not try to negotiate with her, give her no warning.

Take all of your paperwork, the vehicle purchase documents, registration and so forth with you to the police department. Do not walk, run as soon as you can. Preferably tomorrow.

Good luck.