Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Knowledgeable in the subject matter.
1723468

One year ago I sent a text message to a female calling her

One year ago I sent a text message to a female calling her a "bitch." I sent the text using another person's email address as mine which I got off of an email list at my college. Can I be sued? Misdemeanor or felony?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
I seriously doubt the police or the district attorney's office would waste their time in charging you for any offense here, especially one that took place a year ago. Harassment charges are generally misdemeanors and in Ohio there is a six month statute of limitations. So, definitely unlikely that you can get charged. Using someone else's email (hacking) of this level would also be a misdemeanor.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research. If you need more help, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over, thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice.I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner. Thank you.