N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

Currently servering a 25 years to life sentence for conspiracy

Currently servering a 25 years to life sentence for conspiracy to commit murder. Served 21 years so far in the state of california. Recently new evidence has been found that could exonerate me from this charge. How should I go about this with little money. Please advise thanks for your time and help.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 8 years ago.
Is this DNA evidence? If it is you can probably get free legal representation from http://www.innocenceproject.org/

If it is not DNA, have you tried to contact a public defender's office?
Where are you incarcerated (which County)?
And, in which County were you convicted?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for getting back to me sorry for my delay. I am actually sending this email for a friend and do not currently have all the information regarding this cause. From what I understand there was no powder burns on his hands as this cause involved guns. So when you make reference to DNA is that what you mean? Also when I accept and have additional questions/concerns can I get you back?
You do not have to accept any answer, and yes you can ask later. If you want me personally please write For N Cal Attorney as the title of the question.

The Innocence Project takes cases where DNA exculpates someone, for example if there was blood evidence that was not tested and later is tested and the DNA excludes the convict as a possible perpetrator, the innocence project might take the case for free.