P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.

My daughters Ex Inlaws forged her signature on her tax returns

My daughters Ex Inlaws forged her signature on her tax returns for tax year 2003 and 2004 they then had her tax refunds transferred into there personally checking account.They told her she never recieved a refund for both years and they kept they spent the money she found out the information in 2007.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to assist

If you have evidence that proves this, I recommend you provide this information to both the district attorney as well as the US attorney in your area.

This constitutes theft and if it can be proved, I suspect the prosecutor will take the case forward to ensure justice is served.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get paid.