Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.

Hello my name isXXXXX am a 26 year old female in South florida.

Customer Question

Hello my name isXXXXX am a 26 year old female in South florida. I have discovered that an escort company has posted am adult ad that is advertising my picture as an employee. This is the 4th week they have used my pic (face)and I am furious I do not know them and have not given them permission. The paper/magazine is called Newtimes and is distributed throughout all of South Florida. What are my options here? Thanks Kerri
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
You can sue under tort and privacy laws for "misappropriation of your image". Be sure and save copies of the ad and pic.

Look for a lawyer who does civil trial law.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.