Guru_Guy, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney trained in criminal law matters, and many years of advising on such matters..

my dui trial was just postponed for a month due to what they

my dui trial was just postponed for a month due to what they said was "the evidence was lost". does this mean that my case will get dropped?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Guru_Guy replied 8 years ago.

It may be some good luck for you. If they lost the evidence needed to prosecute, they may have to drop the charges. Of course, if there is other evidence they can use sufficient to prosecute, they may still go forward. But if the evidence lost was the results of any breathalyzer or blood alcohol tests that were done, it is quite likely that the charges will be dropped.

In some cases, the prosecutors may try to bluff their way into a plea bargain. You may want to make sure you are advised by an attorney on the strength of the case before accepting any plea bargain.

I hope this helps!

Please keep in mind that information in this forum is for informational purposes only. It is not legal advice and does not constitute creation of an attorney client relationship. Before acting on any such information, you are always advised to consult with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction who can take the time to review all the facts and laws relevant to your situation.