Aaron Paul
Aaron Paul, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney since 2003; Public defender for 30+ months with daily courtroom experience
12301379

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER, I WAS UNAWARE I COULD ASK FOR LEGAL

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER, I WAS UNAWARE I COULD ASK FOR LEGAL AID DTO HELP DEFEND MY GRANDSONS. QUESTION-THE YOUNGEST ONE WILL GET OUT IN AUGUST 09, BUT MY OLDEST HAS THE MOST TIME,CAN THE SENTENCE BE REDUCED, AND WHAT DO I ASK LEGAL AID TO DO .
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Aaron Paul replied 8 years ago.
I would not blame your attorney; a lot of judges don't like anyone!

You could ask the attorney you already retained to help in applying for a public defender as well. I doubt he would mind, and his secretary might be able to point you in the right direction.

Though I have no experience in New York, sentence reduction in felonies is rare in general, I believe. The public defender will be able to help answer those questions better, and will likely have experience in appeals.