P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.

An assault between roomates occurs, and neither party goes

An assault between roomates occurs, and neither party goes to the police. Roomate moves out next day, and relatives call the "offending" roomate stating we're getting a lawyer and throwing you in jail. "Offending" roomate wants to know, without police report, can this happen?
Thanks for the chance to assist

Yes, anyone can call the police at most anytime to report a crime.

That said, lack of a police report makes this a "he said/he said" case and not as easy to prove.

The other roommate would testify against the "offending roommate" and if the jury believes beyond a reasonable doubt, there could be a conviction.

More likely the prosecutor will deal this case for minimal punishment, if they prosecute the case at all

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get paid.