Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

I am on supervised probation for a DUI in Colorado. I planned

Customer Question

I am on supervised probation for a DUI in Colorado. I planned trip back home to NY for 5 days. I called my PO to arrange for a travel permit only to find out that I had to request 7 days prior to my departure. I am suppose to leave tomorrow, will my PO know I have left the state without a permit? Is my name in some system that would prevent me from boarding a plane and notifying my PO?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 8 years ago.

your name is XXXXX XXXXX any database that would prevent you from going to another state - only securing a passport could be hindered. but know that if you leave the state without the permission of your agent, then you can and more than likely will have a violation against you that will cause a warrant for arrest and then possible probation termination which means any sentence that was suspended when the probation was granted can and will be imposed.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
How will my PO know I have violated my probation?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 8 years ago.

well, they could make an announced visit to your home or employment or whereever you are supposed to be - someone could tell. it can be found out. and there are times when it is not found out. i just want you to be aware of the consequences