Law Pro, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  20 years trial experience in defense of criminal cases

I was convicted in 1999 but all fines were paid but while applying

Customer Question

I was convicted in 1999 but all fines were paid but while applying for a pardon this year my conviction says that fines werent paid i dont have copies of receipts..what can i do now?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 8 years ago.
You have little choice but to look for receipts, cancelled check, etc. to find evidence of payment. Presumptively, the clerk records are correct as to receipt of payments and, therefore, you will have no success but to pay the fines/costs a second time.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i understand but if i pay these fines again i would have to wait another 3 years to get my pardon i have the receipt for the restitution but not for the fines
Expert:  Law Pro replied 8 years ago.

About the only thing you can possible do is bring a motion to correct the clerk records and explain.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
this is sort of an add on from the last question.... i paid the fines again now do i have any choice but to wait another 5 years before i can apply for my pardon?