P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.

If someone was convicted on a 3rd degree misdemeanor and was

If someone was convicted on a 3rd degree misdemeanor and was given 30 days jail time and 3 years probation, (60 days jail time is max) and that someone violated the probation, will she/he get the remainder of the jail time (which would be 30 days and totals the maximum) and will the probation deleted?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.
You are correct, if you attend a revocation hearing and the probation is revoked, you would need to serve the remainder of the sentence. At the end of the sentence, you wold be free of probation.

But, if the purpose of violation was also a crime, you could be charged and sentenced for that

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get paid.