Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience practicing attorney

I just wanted to know if Ill be able to be bookded out once

I just wanted to know if I'll be able to be bookded out once I go in to be booked, or will I have to stay since I do have prior arrest against me. EVerything was a misdemeaner but there were atlot of bad checks while I was in college. Just afraid I wasnt be able to be booked to come home to my children.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer- This is a difficult question since I do not know the specific circumstances. If there is a warrant outstanding for your arrest there is likely an amount that is set for bail so you would need to know that before turning yourself in. If you have simply been called in for questioning then there is no bail set so I would be unable to say what might happen since that would be up to the court.

You may want to simply call the prosecutor and ask what their office plans to do with respect to bail. You are entitled to appointed legal counsel if you cannot afford an attorney however until you appear in court it is virtually impossible to have counsel appointed free of charge.

It may be wise to contact a bail bondsman prior to going in who may be able to asses your situation. Usually in relatively minor cases such as this you can post a % amount for bail. Other than that I could only guess as to what might happen since every case and court is different.

David Kennett - JD - Attorney at Law