Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law

How can I find out if someone is running criminal or credit

How can I find out if someone is running criminal or credit background checks on my husband. Someone in the neighborhood yelled that she has my husband social secuirty number and ran a criminal background check. If this is the case then I want to press charges.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 8 years ago.
Unfortunately, there are so many agencies that do background checks there is no way to tell if someone has run one on another person or not. If there was only one agency that did it, you could subpoena their information, but unfortunately, there are just too many to accomplish that (Google "criminal background check" and you will see what I mean). Since she has bragged that she has done it, you could have your attorney send a "cease and desist" letter and perhaps the threat of legal action will scare her off, even though it would be hard to prove at this point.