How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aaron Paul Your Own Question
Aaron Paul
Aaron Paul, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 41
Experience:  Attorney since 2003; Public defender for 30+ months with daily courtroom experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Aaron Paul is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello I was wondering I think I have a warrent on me from

Resolved Question:

Hello I was wondering ? I think I have a warrent on me from Ont. And I have had it for a while but not sure how would I find out if there is and how to fix it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Aaron Paul replied 8 years ago.
Do you know why you would have a warrant? Do you know the city?

If you do, the easiest way is to call that court in that jurisdiction and simply ask.

There is no real way to "fix" an outstanding warrant, save turning yourself in and seeking the representation of an attorney and hopefully getting it dismissed (or paying a fine if it's a traffic violation).

First thing's first, though. Call the police department in that jurisdiction and ask.

If you found this answer helpful, please click Accept below, or I do not get credit. I will be happy to answer any follow up questions you may have.
Aaron Paul and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thank you

It was in Ontario. And now I am in banff Alberta would i be able to call the rcmp here and asked them and if there is a warrent for me and i went to get a record check would they arrest me there. I think the warrent would be missing the last few days of probation when i was 16 years old. And that was for shopplifting under 5000.00

And is there a way that if there is anything on me could I deal with it in alberta?

And when you say call the police department in that jurisdiction and ask can they tell me over the phone if there is a warrent on me can they give me info like that over the phone?