Law Girl
Law Girl, Lawyer
Experience:  I have practiced criminal law.

i recently got arrested for calling a escort. the problem

i recently got arrested for calling a escort. the problem here is i rented a hotel room. the escort was a officier and i got arrested. what are my chances of getting off.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Girl replied 8 years ago.

What state are you in? Do you know what the actual charges are? Have you been offerd any sort of plea bargain?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
new york state. i haven't been tried yet just faced the judge after booking. they said it was solicition of a prostitute
Expert:  Law Girl replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

It may be very difficult to get off if they can show that you rented the hotel room for use during your date. (Also, if your escort was the arresting officer, chances are some sort of conversation occurred wherein she believed that she would get paid for performing sexual services.) However, your ability to get out of this charge may involve the retention of an attorney who can make a legal or semantic argument about your intentions not involving sex or prostitution (however, whether this argument can be made will depend on the detailed facts of what happened in and after contacting the escort agency). Your other option to get out of this may be to see whether a plea agreement is available from the prosecuting attorney.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or require clarification of this matter. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT", so I may receive credit for my response. Tips and feedback are also appreciated.

Good Luck!