JD, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Experience:  Over 11 years of practice in litigation including 10 years as a state prosecutor

Does this relationship constitute incest in Tennessee aunt/nephew

Does this relationship constitute incest in Tennessee aunt/nephew by half blood? If so what is the statute of limitations for this crime? If incest and child born out of relationship when does statute of limitations time begin?

Were both parties consenting adults? If one was underage, what was their age?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Both 18 years old and both consenting. thanks

39-15-302. Incest.

(a) A person commits incest who engages in sexual penetration as defined in § 39-13-501, with a person, knowing the person to be, without regard to legitimacy:

(1) The person's natural parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece, stepparent, stepchild, adoptive parent, adoptive child; or

(2) The person's brother or sister of the whole or half-blood or by adoption.

(b) Incest is a Class C felony.

The statute of limitations for a class C felony is 4 years from the date of the offense. The statute of limitations commences on the date the offense was committed.

I am not your attorney. Therefore no attorney-client relationship exists and any communications on this website are not subject to the attorney-client privilege. For this reason, please do not divulge any personal information and use this site only for hypothetical questions. This forum is for general questions and answers and I cannot provide you with applicable law or legal opinions or advice in your jurisdiction. Please seek the advice of a competent attorney in your jurisdiction. While I can answer general questions and discuss general legal principles, I cannot give you legal advice in your state. The internet is a great place to get general information but should not be seen as a substitute for the attorney-client relationship or the services of a good lawyer in your state.