socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

final outcome of Norman,George Halcott,III VS COMMONWEALTH OF VA.

I am looking for the final outcome of the case,george halcott norman.III vs commonwealth of va.In short, found guilty,partal appeals court affirmed,full panel reversed.commonwealth appealed to the va. surpreme research shows disposition date 02/04/02 as refused.affirming lower court ruling.Im told they over turned the lower court.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 8 years ago.

There is no such case in the Virginia Reporters. I searched by name and number.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have the lower court ruling in my hand and the va supreme court refusal the record exist.court of appeals record # XXXXX XXXXX nov,4 2003. this case is central to my case..and to whether my lawyer is lazy. am i right that the va high court denied va the appeal!

Okay, I found it with your 1237-02-3 number. Here is the VA Supreme Court holding in Norman v. Commonwealth, No. 032765 (Va. 12/07/2004):

"Judgment of Court of Appeals regarding conviction of driving as an habitual offender, second or subsequent offense, reversed and final judgment entered reinstating conviction by opinion rendered on November 5, 2004"