johngibson15219
johngibson15219, DUI Lawyer
Experience:  Admitted to Pennsylvania Bar October 1980.
11542150

1. The Code of Hammurabi is based on The concept

1. The Code of Hammurabi is based on:

The concept of lex talionis
       Ancient Greek Law
       The Magna Carta
       A code written by the Athenian ruler Draco

2. Peel's principles of policing include all of the following concepts EXCEPT:

Prevention of crime is the basic mission of the police
       Cooperation of the public increases as use of force increases
       Physical force is used only as the last resort
       The police are the public and the public is the police

3. The law of agency is the concept that: (Points: 5)
       Policing is part of the executive branch of the federal government, like the Environmental Protection Agency.
       The police possess only the authority that is granted to them by society.
       The police possess only the authority that is granted to them by a local government agency.
       The police act as agents of the stat's governor.

4. In 1973, the National Advisory Commission's Report on the Police recommended that: (Points: 5)
       Every police chief executive should immediately develop written policy, based on policies of the governing body that provides formal authority for the police function.
       Every police chief should set forth the objectives and priorities that will guide the agency's delivery of police services.
       Agency policy should articulate the role of the agency in the protection of constitutional guarantees; the enforcement of the law; and the provision of services necessary to reduce crime, to maintain public order, and to respond to the needs of the community.
       All of the above

5. Specialization can be defined as:
       An organizational approach that occurs when an organization's structure allows for officers to perform virtually all tasks.
       The creation of units that are given specific tasks to perform.
       An organizational approach that encourages accreditation.
       Both A and C.

6. Police operations can be defined as the preventive, investigative, and _____________ work that police do.

Community service
       Crime-fighting
       Citizen-sensitive
       Record-keeping

7. The officer of the twenty-first century must be skilled in all of the following areas EXCEPT:       Engaging in local politics
       Critical thinking
       Human behavior
       Criminal law

8. An assessment center can be defined as:
       A place where interested people go to apply to be a police officer.
       An alternative or supplement to the written exam that provides a series of exercises or simulations.
       A place with access to information about becoming a police officer, such as videos and brochures.
       All of the above

9. The community police officer must be proficient in which of the following communication skills?
       Oral
       Written
       Multicultural
        All of the above

10. The critical thinking function that involves the determination of whether certain conclusions necessarily follow from information derived from given statements or premises is called: (Points: 5)
       Inference
       Interpretation
       Deduction
       Evaluation of arguments

11. The police officer's working personality is mainly shaped by the elements of: (Points: 5)
       Danger and isolationism
       Solidarity and conservatism
       Danger and authority
       Solidarity and authoritarianism

12. In terms of stress, the zone of stability can best be defined as: (Points: 5)
       The amount of stress that a person can effectively manage.
       The absence of stress, where most people feel stable.
       The presence in a person's life of only positive stressors.
       The mental place to which a person retreats during times of extreme stress.

13. Regardless of how a crime or suspected criminal activity comes to the attention of the police, the preliminary investigation is often performed by a: (Points: 5)
       Detective unit
       Patrol officer
       Foot patrol officer
       Traffic cop

14. What determines, more than anything else, whether a case is solved is: (Points: 5)
       The nature of information recorded by the patrol officer first on the scene.
       The nature of the information recorded by the detective first on the scene.
       The relationship the detective has with witnesses and possible suspects.
       The witness' level of credibility.

15. In a 1999 Bureau of Justice Statistics survey, the single most important factor affecting the rate of contact between residents and the police was: (Points: 5)
       Race
       Age
       Gender
       Socio-economic level

16. Rapport is an important element in police-community relations because: (Points: 5)
       It can stimulate cooperation, useful information, and citizen goodwill.
       It requires the use of authority, which allows police officers to maintain control.
       It requires the police to be highly visible in the community.
       It allows the police to use greater force to bring more criminals to justice.

17. Research and planning have a symbiotic relationship because: (Points: 5)
       They are synonyms - words that have similar meanings.
       Although they are concepts that are dissimilar in form, they have a mutually beneficial relationship.
       They are concepts of a similar form with a mutually beneficial relationship.
       They both symbolize similar concepts.

18. The most important stage of research is: (Points: 5)
       Collecting the data
       Defining the problem
       Analyzing the data
       None of the above - all stages of research are equally important.

19. CODIS stands for: (Points: 5)
       Criminal Organization Display Information System
       Combined DNA Information System
       Combined DNA Index System
       Computerized DNA Index System

20. A handheld device that allows officers to gather information on suspects, take mug shots, take fingerprints, and call for help is a (n): (Points: 5)
       Identification-Based Information System
       Biometric System
       Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System
       Mobile Video System

Bottom of Form

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top of Form

Bottom of Form
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  johngibson15219 replied 5 years ago.
1. The concept of lex talionis

2. Cooperation of the public increases as use of force increases

3. The police possess only the authority that is granted to them by society.
(Came to this by elimination)

4. All of the above

5. The creation of units that are given specific tasks to perform.

6. Crime-fighting? (deterrent)

7. Engaging in local politics

8. An alternative or supplement to the written exam that provides a series of exercises or simulations.

9. All of the above

10. Deduction

11. Danger and authority

12. The amount of stress that a person can effectively manage.

13. Patrol officer

14. The nature of information recorded by the patrol officer first on the scene.

15. Age

16. It can stimulate cooperation, useful information, and citizen goodwill.

17. Although they are concepts that are dissimilar in form, they have a mutually beneficial relationship.

18. Data collection.

19. Combined DNA Index System

20. Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System
johngibson15219, DUI Lawyer
Experience: Admitted to Pennsylvania Bar October 1980.