Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.

I am being punished beyond my conviction due to Megan Laws

I am being punished beyond my conviction due to Megan Laws I plead to a deal and the added punishment of registering and checking in every 6 months in Florida is not part of what I plead to What can I do to have myself removed from the registration list ?
There is almost nothing you can do short of challenging the constitutionality of the registration. State courts have repeatedly found that since the registration requirements are not "punishment" then they can be applied to people currently on probation even if it wasn't a part of the deal. You may be able to challenge it as a "breach of contract" type of action, since you had an agreement that didn't include these requirements.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.