Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

do prisners have the right to medical privacy laws. A nurse

Customer Question

do prisners have the right to medical privacy laws. A nurse told me intamate details about a man i know that was in prison. Does he have the right to sue.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
You are correct, everyone has a right to medical privacy whether they are imprisoned or not. He would have the right to sue under HIPAA although the damages aren't very much.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.