johngibson15219
johngibson15219, DUI Lawyer
Experience:  Admitted to Pennsylvania Bar October 1980.
11542150

My ex-wife (who represented our corporations and handled our

Customer Question

My ex-wife (who represented our corporations and handled our finances) embezzled and committed fraud (only reporting $500 on her tax return and convinced me to put all our income on one tax return (mine) to save money then she used those documents to get fraudulent Alimony from me when she was making more than me) by taking all our money in our accounts in preparation of divorce. Over $70,000 and she racked up the credit cards while I sat in a hospital with mercury poisoning. My business was a corporation. Can she be held criminally?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  johngibson15219 replied 8 years ago.
It sounds to me as if this is mostly a civil matter rather than a criminal matter and I doubt that the police would want to get involved. The exception is the allegation that she's committing welfare fraud. The state takes that very seriously.