Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

I shoplifted back in March this year. A good lawyer and $600

Customer Question

I shoplifted back in March this year. A good lawyer and $600 got me out of trouble with only 24 hours of community service to do. In 2 years I can have the record expunged. Today for some stupid reason I did it again (much less--$60 or $70 worth vs over $200 the first time). I am a well educated 61 year old lady with lots of medical problems on SSDI separated from her husband of 27 years with little money to afford my needed prescriptions. I guess that's why I did it this time. They didn't take me to jail this time, but an officer came and said I can expect to hear from them in the mail--I was so flustered I don't know what else he said. He gave me my driver's license back. Wal-marts--where this happened--gave me a paper saying never to enter one of their parking lots or stores again including Sam's. Since this is about the only place I can afford to shop these days and there is a brand new WM within one mile of my house, how serious are they about that. Also, what can I expe
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
The paper they gave you is what is called a "criminal trespass warning". If you reenter their premises you are subject to an arrest for criminal trespass. I can't tell you how serious they are because I've never known anyone to go into a different store after they got their warning.

You should contact the same lawyer again for assistance.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I did not accept this answer as it didn't supply any additional info. But my credit card was charged. Tomorrow I shall also call. I expect the charge to be removed and my card credited,.

Thak you--Nancy Friesen