Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses with their legal questions

How can I be assured the police will hold their end of the bargain

I was busted for possession of drugs and the officer was actually very nice about it but I got two misdemeanors (possession, and paraphernailia). Not arrest or anything of the such, he made me call a sober driver to take me home and made me leave my car over night. He said if I "work" with the police of where I got it from he'd make that night as if it never happened. How do I assure this? I am awaiting a phonecall from the officer Ill work with.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
i would strongly encourage you to retain local criminal defense counsel to negotiate with the officer further and cement the oral offer into a writing which the local prosecutor should sign off as well. is an excellent directory for your convenience.