Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.

Trimmed area since 1970--recently removed broken winter damaged

Trimmed area since 1970--recently removed broken winter damaged branches from very large Pine tree on my fence(within 6' of property line)branches ruined undergrowth forsythia , weeds, bittersweet--week later Neighbor calls police that I was trespassing he then gives me Estimate 3400.00 to replace plant material that was never there--What am I liable for?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
You are only liable if you took or destroyed property (plants) that were actually in his yard. You may want to go and get pictures as quickly as you can showing that the ground hasn't been disturbed and there are no plants there.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.