Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

What is South Carolinas law (if any) about Pornography (nude

What is South Carolina's law (if any) about Pornography (nude pictures of adults and downloaded porno films) on one's computer? Is it illegal if it it is on the system and never been used in that state?
Pornography doesn't have any clear definition but it is unlikely that you could be arrested for materials that don't contain photos/videos of illegal acts (children for instance).

Possession of illegal materials in that state, whether or not they were used, are still a crime. For a comparison think of possessing drugs or kiddie porn. Just having them is enough to be guilty.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no.... not satisfied,,,, what about same sex??? is homsexual acts illegal ibn SC??
Sodomy is still illegal in South Carolina, but I don't think photos of sodomy would be illegal. That is a little different than the drugs and kiddie porn issue.