CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

I am not sure what type of legal expert I would need. However,

Customer Question

I am not sure what type of "legal expert" I would need. However, My wife and I and several other couples attended an Irish fest last night in downtown KCMO. Several friends and myself were coming out of the restroom and I was summoned by a security guard and a police officer. The police officer stated that a lady claimed that I "smacked her backside". I was very taken aback. There were over 100,000 people there and was literally wall to wall people. Besides I was with my wife and several friends who all claimed that this was ridiculous as I had not left their side. The cop said that the lady pointed me out. I clearly did no such thing. The officer said that it was up to the security guard as to what they wanted to do must be private property) The guard said to watch myself, but the cop looked at my license and took down my name. he said that I needed to be careful and that the lady could press "sexual misconduct" charges if she wanted to. I need to add more,out of characters
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 8 years ago.
If they were going to charge you with a crime, they most likely would have done it at the scene. The women who said you allegedly touched her, would have had to identify you, as the person. As you said, it was a crowded area where it could have been anyone. If she identified you, the police would have either taken you into custody and to the jail to book you, or would have written you a citation and given you a notice to appear, at a future court date. At this time, it is unlikely they will charge you. They took your information as a formality, in case they need to follow up with a complaint. It is possible that the women said she did not want to pursue the incident, no matter who she was touched by. In the event that you do get charged, you should receive a summons in the mail, with a court date. You will be entitled to call witnesses to testify on your behalf at trial. You can fight this charge. At this point in time, there is no need to worry. If the police wanted to speak with you, they would contact you. If charges were filed, you would need notice, as to not violate your due process rights. This sounds like an isolated incident which the victim did not wish to pursue.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
OK, last question. How long do they have to notify me that a complaint has been made?

If a complaint is made, it will be forwarded to the Office of the State Attorney. They will decide if they have enough evidence to prosecute this. As soon as it is filed, is when they notify you. It is not something that they will file and then wait months and months until going forward with it. The notice would be sent to the mailing address, listed on the driver's license, you showed the officer.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I would really like to make sure that you get paid for your time, but i have already paid the other expert, because you both were answering the same question at the same time. i am not sure what happen. I guess a moderator is supposed to be working on it?
If you would like to give me credit for my help, please hit the ACCEPT button.