Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

I HAVE AGGRAVATED ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON AND A DUI HOW

I HAVE AGGRAVATED ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON AND A DUI HOW MUCH TIME WILL A JUDGE GIVE IN JAIL?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
Do you have any priors? Can you give me more information on the facts? Where are you located?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Well its for my boyfriend he is currently in jail since August 16,2008 he had probation for a dwi already and the reason he got arrested because he is being accused for a aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, and he is in Fort Worth Texas correction center, i just need to know if he there is chance he is going to get out on probation or what would be the minimum time he has to stay in jail.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
In Ft. Worth they are most likely going to at least revoke his DWI probation. Depending on the exact facts the Aggravated Assault is going to be either a First or Second Degree felony. The possible penalty for a Second Degree felony is 2-20 years, the possible sentence for a First Degree felony is 5-99 years or life. If he has never had a felony before he is eligible for probation.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.