Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.

Is it necessary to have legal representation with a misdemeanor

Is it necessary to have legal representation with a misdemeanor propositioning for prostitution charge?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
It is not required but I think it is always a good idea to have a lawyer when charged with a crime.

If you decide to represent yourself you will want to ask for either a pretrial diversion or a "deferred adjudication". Both of these will allow you to get probation but not have a conviction on your record.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.