CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

i have been receiving threats re a pay day loan that i had ...

i have been receiving threats re: a pay day loan that i had issues with, back in 2005.. I''ve paid this bill three different times to 3 different collection agenicies, and i''m still getting calls with criminal threats about going to jail, bank fraud and theft. I''m at my wits end on what can i do or who i need to talk to stop these harrassing calls.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 8 years ago.
The first thing you need to do, is gather all documentation you have that shows you paid this loan off. You will need to fax and mail a certified copy to these collection agency, showing that the debt was already paid. Moreover, you can call and report these collection agencies to the Better Business Bureau. They will step in to try and resolve the manner, so that you do not keep getting harassed. Here is the web site to start the procedure. . Also, start getting the names of the people you are speaking with, so they can be held accountable for their actions. The criminal threats they are making seem to be exceeding what is appropriate to collect these debts. You can also ask each collection agency to mail /fax you proof of the debt that you owe. See if they can stand behind their claims they are making, that you owe them money.