CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  7+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

i was driving under the influence of beer when i hit a car

the car had 3 people in it they were mildly hurt and it was my second offense i miss my ten year by 1 day and i ran from the scene later being arrested admited fault to everything and cooperated fully
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more? How long was it before the police found you? How much did you admit to drinking?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it was maybe 20 min before they found me at home they were very nice to me and when they ask how much i how many beers i had i really couldn't say i said a few but on a empty stomach i was taken to the hospital where i was given a blood test and had to wait to find out the status of the people i hit they marked pi on my tickets after they had found out the status of the other people they also told me that there was a 2 year old in the car that was onharmed the driver and the passeneger were ok too execpt for the women had swelling on her face the also said that the driver was uninsured i had to other people i work with in the car i droped them off and went home i freaked out and i don't know why i ran i was scared
You may have some legal defenses and it is going to have to be proved that you were under the influence of alcohol, while operating the vehicle. Since the police didn't observe you behind the wheel nor did the victims have a chance to observe any signs of impairment of you, the prosecution may have a hard time proving you were under the influence while driving your car. It is very possible you got scared and left, then consumed alcohol while in your home. Unless there was serious bodily injury to the people, this should be charged as a misdemeanor crime. in order for you to be found guilty of the hit and run, the people in the other car are going to need to identify you as the driver of the vehicle. This may also be a legal defense. There could very well be a motion to dismiss / suppress in your case, so it would be best for a local attorney to look at the facts of your case, take the depositions of the witnesses and see what evidence the State actually has, to prove you committed these 2 crimes.
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience: 7+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you