Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

my husbands ex wife was told after she came in my house ...

my husbands ex wife was told after she came in my house uninvited to leave 2 times she backed up on to my poarch she was told to get off my property 2 more times and telling me not to touch her. i pushed her in the direction she needed to go and she come towards me as like she was going to fight me so i pusshed her really hard and we started fighting we were broke up we called the sheriff and she did too they talked to her first. the sheriff told me she was going to press assault charges on me he took my statement anyway and told me if it was him he would do the same to her in the morning. i go to the sheriffs office and signed my bond and tell them i want to press assault and what ever else i could on her they told me i couldnt untill i after i go to court for my charges. is this right and what should i do? she come over here uninvited.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
No, you could press charges if you want to but if you both press charges they are not likely to get a conviction on you so they don't want to do it. It sounds like you have a case for assault as well as criminal trespass since she didn't leave the property when you told her to.

Hire a lawyer and let them do your talking for you.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Always feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience: Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.