Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My ex-girlfriend filed a complaint against me for ...

Customer Question

My ex-girlfriend filed a complaint against me for harrassment because I was sending e-mails to her and not getting a response from her so I kept sending them hoping to get a response. I thought that I had the wrong e-mail address for her. I did not know that I was doing anything wrong by sending her e-mails and I did not know that I was breaking the law. I was arrested inside my apartment on a warrant and I was charged with Stalking. If she would have sent me an e-mail telling me that if I sent her any more e-mails she was going to file a complaint, I would have stopped sending e-mails to her immediately. If the Detective from the Brea, CA Police Department had contacted me and told me that I had a harrassment complaint filed against me and if I continued to send any more e-mails to my ex-girlfriend I would be arrested for Stalking, I would have stopped immediately. Nobody told me that I was doing anything wrong or did they issue me a warning before I was arrested. I am still in shock.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
did you get my response? l think i answered this earlier.