Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

what to do if a person is making a false report

If an individual comes to my house and started a verbal argument and opened her car door on my property and i shut from above the window with the palms of my hands and she is claming i scratched her car all up in a police report.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately there isn't a lot you can do. The police are likely to just ignore everything if there are two reports that directly conflict, there are no injuries, and no witnesses.

Filing a false report is against the law, but most DAs won't take this case because they can't prove a crime was committed "beyond a reasonable doubt".

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Always feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience: Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes both sides have conflicting stories.there was no injuries but she did have a witnesses and so do i.so where do you go from here if her witnesses is going to side with her.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
It depends on what the police do next. I don't think they are likely to do anything in this case and if so there is really nowhere to go.