How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 56234
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses with their legal questions
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex-girlfriend from my high school days filed a complaing ...

This answer was rated:

My ex-girlfriend from my high school days filed a complaing against me for harrassment with the Brea, CA Police Department. I had been sending e-mails to her for about 3 years off and on but i never would get a response. I was arrested inside my apartment in Redondo Beach, CA on a warrant that was issued and charged with stalking. If My ex-girlfriend would have sent me just one single e-mail telling me that if I continued sending her e-mails that she was going to file a harrassment complaint against me, I would have stopped sending her e-mails immediately. If The Detective who took her complaint would have notified me about the complaint and told me that I would be arrested if I continued sending her e-mails, I also would have stopped immediately. I never in a million years thought I was doing anything wrong or that I was breaking the law because nobody told me until I was arrested. Should the Detective have contacted me and advised me when the complaint was first filed?
i hthink i answered this question already for you. if you have a new question let me know.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to NYCLAWYER's Post: Yes you already answered my question. Thank you!
you welcome. if you didnt accept it before, i would appreciate it so that i get credit for it.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. You will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a BONUS and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is appreciated.

Kindly remember that sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.
INFOLAWYER and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions