Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

I have warrant for my arrest in Florida. I was pulled over ...

I have warrant for my arrest in Florida. I was pulled over today in Illinois and was not arrested becasue Florida did not want to Extradite. What happens now?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
Interesting question. Apparently Florida does this on a regular basis.

My suggestion is to contact the District Attorney offices for the counties you lived in before and ask them if they are the ones that issued it. If so, they will be able to provide you with exact information.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Always feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Texas Atty's Post: Well, When I get the exact info....then what typically happens? Do I have to pay this rediculous $1000 bond??? Do I have to go to court all the way in FL?? If I do have some outstanding bad check (that I have no knowledge of), can't I just pay the check to avoid all this crud???

What did you mean by "Apparently Florida does this on a regular basis."??

Thanks
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
I had a client yesterday facing the exact same situation.

What happens after you get the information all depends on the D.A. They may be willing to just dismiss it if you pay the check and court costs, particularly since you live in another state.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well, since I know nothing about a bad check from 7 years ago...
Is there any other options for me? I mean...if I had a bad check...shouldn't I know about it? Shouldn't there have been some sort of notice? What are my rights?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
There should have been some sort of notice but if you moved then it may have been a check that hadn't cleared your bank when you closed the account and they sent the notice to your last known address.

Then again, it may not be your check at all or it could be a check that somebody else wrote using your info.

There are really no other options until you know more about the check.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks! XXXXX contact you again once I know more about this situation? It will be Monday (since they are closed for the weekend!).
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
You can. If you will post another question and put FOR TEXAS ATTY in the title I will see it and answer. The other experts will not click on it if you address it to me. Put whatever value you think appropriate on it and I will answer it since you have already done this question.

Please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance.

Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Always feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience: Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.