TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

got my first DUI 2day ago should i worry about jaill time ...

got my first DUI 2day ago should i worry about jaill time it was in the city of chino ca 91710 on july 30 2008. what is the worst thing that can happen thank you
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thank you for allowing me to address your legal question.

For a first offense, you’re most likely looking at fines, community service, probation, and license suspension. It is unlikely that you would get any jail time. Of course, I’m assuming you weren’t violating other laws as well, which would enhance your punishment (e.g. speeding). Also, if your blood alcohol level is above .15, then your sentence will be enhanced.

If the information that I provided was helpful, please remember to ACCEPT my post as that is the only way I will receive credit and compensation for my answer. Thank you and good luck!

DISCLAIMER: Please understand that the complexities of most legal problems cannot be sufficiently addressed in this setting. Accordingly, my post is intended as general information only, and should neither be construed as specific legal advice, nor as an adequate substitute for the retention of legal counsel.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
what test is used against me? the one taken when i was pulled over or the one taken at the station?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
Both tests can be used against you. Obviously the test taken at the station occurred later in time, so if this goes in front of a jury, they'll likely take that fact into account when weighing the evidence. Does that make sense?