Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.

I am charged with unlawful use of telephone. During ...

I am charged with unlawful use of telephone. During the time in question the person and I were arguing back and forth. She mainly passed messages to me through other people or showed up at their house knowing I was there (one who would testify on my behalf) as well as called me from other numbers. But she saved my messages and thus I''ve been charged. Sometime later she initiated contact with me on several occassions for several months which I can prove through phone bills. During this time she was not legally suppose to contact me. Also on the warrant she listed 5 days I supposedly contacted her and I only contacted her 2 of the days again after being provoked. My question is how likely is it I will be convicted.
In my opinion you would have a strong defense to a charge resembling telephone harassment. You certainly should hire a local attorney to help you but this is the type of case that DAs are often reluctant to prosecute and when your attorney presents your records they may be willing to either work out a compromise or make it go away.

Don't try to handle it yourself though because you will end up giving away all of your defenses and getting nothing in return.

Good luck.